-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of ronald
ferguson
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:28 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] More Lumping and Splitting

Kirsten,

I do not really use the Sources for the purposes which you indicate but as a
lumper I would say that your supposition is not really accurate. For example
all BMD certificates in the UK are issued by the GRO (Government Record
Office) and I lump all these together under Certificates published by the
GRO. However, in the Details I specify the type of certificate and where
appropriate the date (although usually the latter would be in the event).

Similarly for newspapers the name of the newspaper and date, page etc would
go in the Detail.