Besides the "Error 76" problem I have encountered
another.
I opened Legacy to my main family file. I then closed
it and opened the Sample File to see how the labels
could be changed in family view. I played around with
the labels and when I was finished, changed them back
to the original display I had when I opened it and
everything was back to normal. I then closed the
Sample file and opened my main family file and all the
labels were changed exactly as the Sample file before
I changed them back to the original settings.
Why did the labels change on my main family file when
it was supposed to be closed? The main reason I used
the Sample file was to make sure I didn't goof up my
main family file.
In the sample file I removed the Baptism label and
used other labels, but I didn't like the way things
were displayed so I changed them back and everything
was back to normal in the Sample file.
I then changed my main family file labels back to the
way they were originally. The problem now is, I lost
all the entries in the baptism label in the family
view. The baptism entries have now been moved to the
event/fact portion. I would really like to move them
back to the family view, but I don't know if this can
be done without re-copying them one by one. I then
went back to the Samle file to see if I lost the
entries in the baptism label in the family view, I
didn't.
I don't know why this happened, but I'm having a few
problems with Legacy and Vista that I never had with
Windows XP.
I monitor this list to keep up on what is going on
with Legacy and I never had any of the problems people
were having until now and my problems started when my
other computer had too many problems to try to fix and
I had to use Vista.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be most
greatful.

Bill

Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the
tools to get online.