I'd venture to guess that most current Legacy owners use only a fraction of the features available. Legacy owners are no more obligated to use every single feature now, then they will be in the future--regardless of the changes to the program.
Dawn

Darlene & Don Hicks wrote:

------------snip------------

If Legacy
turns out to favor special interest groups, such as
gays, I will go elsewhere to continue with my
genealogy.  I don't want anyone answering my e-mail
because this is MY opinion and there doesn't need to
be any discussion.
Regards,
Darlene
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--- Bill Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Leaving aside the discussions on the morality of
homosexuality, which are
immaterial to how such relationships (which exist)
should be recorded, there is
a more fundamental point raised.

Should Legacy be developed along the lines of a
Family History (FH) program or a
Genealogical (Gen) program?

My gut feel is that the 'FH' route will be much more
complex with the associated
development and maintenance costs and greater
learning curve - and a higher
price tag!

There are many 'Gen' fixes and enhancements which we
have already requested and
which could fall by the wayside if the 'FH' side is
developed.

It might be a good idea to let Geoff get a feel for
the direction that the
majority of his user community would like to see
developed (even if it doesn't
follow my line of reasoning!)

What do others think?

Bill Anderson