Ahh, but this couple did have a child.  They just didn't have any
biological children.  How do you think the adopted child would feel to
see that his parents had no children?  Furthermore, legally it would
be incorrect to say that the couple had no children.

I show that our adopted child is adopted in the child status, but I
would be very upset if there were an "A" next to his name in the list
of our children.

Sara