There is no way that the couple should be regarded as grandparents of the offspring of the adopted child-period. They should be regarded as the adoptive grandparents.

I've said it once and I'll say it again...
family historians need to get their own terms for non-biological relationships and stop usurping strict genealogical terms for use in describing non-biological relationships. Then, and only then, will the confusion cease.

-----Original Message-----
From: ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 5:11 pm
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Adopted Daughter unmarried mother

Whilst strictly genealogically speaking that is accurate, I am sure that the adoptive parents would be delighted to know that future children of the adopted child would not be regarded as their grandchild even though it has their name.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/