There are terms for nonbiological relationships:  mother, father,
grandmother, grandfather.  Where there is a need, these can be
modified with the terms "biological" and "adoptive."  If my son's
relationship to my husband and me  is shown in Legacy as "adopted," it
would not take much to figure out that his children would be my
adoptive grandchidlren.  However, I am not going to refer to them or
label them as such.

The terms we use for parents are not just genealogical terms.  They
are family terms, social terms, legal terms.  In the family, in
society, and in law, an adopted child is simply a child.

I love genealogical research.  I love to do it as correctly as I can.
However, I love my son a whole lot more, and I am never going to do
anything for the sake of "correctness" that would hurt him.

Sara