St. Louis is in St. Louis County.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Susan Daily" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 6:31 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Correctly entering in independent cities in location field

Chuck,

I had heard from Sherry regarding St. Louis, and she said the county
was entered as follows: St. Louis City, Missouri - so maybe use that
pattern for your independent cities.

Susan

On 9/19/07, Chuck Arbogast <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,
I live in Virginia and we have several independent cites. For people who
aren't aware of this situation, it is where a city is completely inside a
particular county but isn't considered a part of the county. For example, Harrisonburg, Virginia is an independent city that is completly surrounded
by Rockingham county.  My issue is this, when using the Geo Location
database in Legacy v.6, it puts the location down as follows: Harrisonburg,
Harrisonburg (city), Virginia, USA.  If I run the USA County Verification
tool in Legacy it tells me this is an error, that "there was never a county
by the name of Harrisonburg (city) in the state of Virginia", which is
correct. My question to this group is, how should this be entered into the location field? Which would be correct: Harrisonburg, Harrisonburg (city),
Virginia, USA or Harrisonburg, , Virginia, USA or something else?

Thanks for your help,
Chuck Arbogast