I tripped over another similar city, county ...
I looked up Los Angeles, Calif in the Geo Location file
and it said "Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA"
But, when I ran the US County verification program it
listed all the Los Angeles address with a message
"Never a county by the name of Los Angeles in the state
of California"
Since I lived in Torrance, California for 20 plus years and
knew there was a Los Angeles County, just out of curiosity
I checked the AniMap program, and they show Los Angeles
county...
Guess you pays your money and takes your choice!
Toni in Michigan

Elaine wrote:

I decided to look it up:

 "Main article: List of cities in Virginia

The organization of cities is the most noteworthy
aspect of Virginia local government relative to
the other 49 states. Of the 42 independent cities
in the United States[2], 39 are in Virginia. The
three that are not in Virginia are Baltimore,
Maryland, St. Louis, Missouri and Carson City,
Nevada."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_subdivisions_of_Virginia

Elaine