Quest and Art,
  I'm not sure if the Virginia independent cities are the same as St. Louis
but I do know the Geo Locations database in Legacy and they have St. Louis,
St. Louis (City), Missouri, USA.  Not sure if that is correct but that is
how the program displays it.  The only issue I have with doing it this way
is that the county verifier that is built in say's that there was no
Harrsionburg (city) county in Virginia.  I know that there isn't a county
named that but that is what the Geo Locations database put in for the
county.

Thanks for your comments,
Chuck