Hi June,

Then put "Chung Sing" in as the quoted name.

Cathy

At 02:54 PM 27/09/2007, you wrote:

Thanks for that information Cathy but it still won't work because with
Chinese names you use both the generation name and given name together. So
for John his name is Chan Chung Sing - people talking to him would call him
Chung Sing, although family members might use Sing as a diminutive, but only
close family members. I would therefore need a narrative that reads Chung
Sing married June on ....

It may be I can't do it and I have to stick with their European names, the
problem with this though being that he only has a European name because some
nuns gave it to him, but his brothers and sisters don't and neither do his
family (mother and fathers line).

I will continue with my Source issue and get that all in order and will then
tackle this head on.

Thank you once again to everyone.

It is a great list and I do thank people for their help even if some of my
questions might seem simple to some people.

June (Chan)