Ron - in the email I sent a few minutes ago, I meant to say four different
ancestor reports.  The goal is to create reports - the files are just a
means to that end.  Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ronald
ferguson
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 7:59 PM
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] using tags for reports

Susan,

I am not really clear what you are trying to do, but first I would agree
with Bob- create a new file and play around with that.

I sort of have what I think you are thinking of in my file, but by accident!
I had in my tree a Margaret Mather who married a John Anders. I subsequently
found out that it wasn't my Margaret who married John but another Margaret
Mather born in the same year in the same town. As I'm fairly sure that my
Mathers will link up with the Anders at some stage, after swapping the
Margarets, I decided to leave the Anders Tree in my file so I actually have
two distinct trees within it.

I haven't considered splitting my main file into sub-sets as it would cause
me all sorts of problems since I compile Pedigree Web pages and the links
would be destroyed. I can see possible advantages for families who have
internal feuds but otherwise am not sure of any advantages.

If you write saying what your objective is there may be other ways of
achieving it.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
*Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/