I have a record with the same 'problem' which I had
chalked up to confusion but may need to rethink my
ideas. I need to find it again, to uncorrect it. An
interesting question.
Rich in LA CA
 
--- ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 
> Carol,
> 
> I don't know whether Legacy uses different calendars
> for different countries but the two dates you quote
> are not valid on the UK version.
> 
> One way round would to use "about 28 Feb yyyy" and
> add a note to explain the actual text.
> 
> Ron Ferguson
> 
>
_____________________________________________________________________
> 
> For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk
> *Over 650 Surnames from 11 Countries*
> View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
> http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
> For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
>
_____________________________________________________________________
> 
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: [email protected]
> > Subject: [LegacyUG] dates
> > Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:52:22 -0700
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a piece of information that is from a CD
> transcription of Churchbook
> > records and I am having these dates show up in
> Legacy as errors. I can go in
> > and change the dates but I have this problem… many
> of these dates are
> > previous to changes that have occurred in our
> modern calendar. I’m wondering
> > if Legacy takes all of that into account or
> whether I need to take it into
> > account? These are the two records:
> >
> > 30 Feb 1667
> > 29 Feb 1691
> >
> > I know there is no 30 Feb in our calendar, but was
> there at one time? I went
> > on google and typed in “30 “Feb 1667” and came up
> with several other
> > genealogical events for that date. One of them had
> a note that there was no
> > such date. However I also found: “Sweden had a
> February 30 in 1712”. My
> > event occurred in the Limburg area of Netherlands.
> >
> > Even if the date was obviously an error, that is
> what the original source
> > had. If I had made an error in writing the date, I
> would change it. However,
> > I went back to the source and the date I wrote is
> exactly what the source
> > has for the date.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Carol
> >
> 
>
_________________________________________________________________
> 100’s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
> https://www.musicmashup.co.uk
> 
> 
> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>   
>
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
> Online technical support:
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
> To unsubscribe:
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp
> 
> 
> 




Legacy User Group guidelines: 
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages: 
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to