Carol: Whether there were or were not dates like this on the calendar, they are still what you should use since that's what the source says and even if it's wrong you shouldn't change it. I don't get an error message when entering these dates into Legacy. If it's on an error report you can always override it. The problem I see is that although the date appears in the individual's screen, it doesn't show when you go to other views such as to the child's family view or the Name List. In spite of this, it looks as though it will print in reports.
In my own file I'd do something like Ron suggested and use just "Feb 1667" and in the source notes list the full date as it comes from the source with [sic] added. Kirsten -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of familyjesse Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:52 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [LegacyUG] dates Hello, I have a piece of information that is from a CD transcription of Churchbook records and I am having these dates show up in Legacy as errors. I can go in and change the dates but I have this problem… many of these dates are previous to changes that have occurred in our modern calendar. I’m wondering if Legacy takes all of that into account or whether I need to take it into account? These are the two records: 30 Feb 1667 29 Feb 1691 I know there is no 30 Feb in our calendar, but was there at one time? I went on google and typed in “30 “Feb 1667” and came up with several other genealogical events for that date. One of them had a note that there was no such date. However I also found: “Sweden had a February 30 in 1712”. My event occurred in the Limburg area of Netherlands. Even if the date was obviously an error, that is what the original source had. If I had made an error in writing the date, I would change it. However, I went back to the source and the date I wrote is exactly what the source has for the date. Thanks, Carol Legacy User Group guidelines: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp Archived messages: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

