Thanks!
Carol

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stacey
Connella
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 6:07 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] dates

I just did a quick check of various sources, and it seems February has
"always" been short (i.e., throughout the history of the Julian and
Gregorian calendars). Although it's not always the MOST reliable source, and
I did find discussions elsewhere on the subject, take a look at Wikipedia's
article on "Julian Calendar". In a nutshell: Feb was 28 days long back in 46
B.C. (inception of the Julian calendar).

So, it would seem you've maybe found some kind of record-keeping or
transcription error... but who knows...

Even the Feb. 30 in Sweden you mentioned may simply have been a one-time
adjustment done in preparation for converting to the Gregorian calendar or
some such?

Stacey (a newbie in OC, CA, USA)


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of familyjesse
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 4:52 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [LegacyUG] dates

Hello, 

I have a piece of information that is from a CD transcription of Churchbook
records and I am having these dates show up in Legacy as errors. I can go in
and change the dates but I have this problem. many of these dates are
previous to changes that have occurred in our modern calendar. I'm wondering
if Legacy takes all of that into account or whether I need to take it into
account? These are the two records:

30 Feb 1667 
29 Feb 1691

I know there is no 30 Feb in our calendar, but was there at one time? I went
on google and typed in "30 "Feb 1667" and came up with several other
genealogical events for that date. One of them had a note that there was no
such date.  However I also found: "Sweden had a February 30 in 1712".  My
event occurred in the Limburg area of Netherlands.  

Even if the date was obviously an error, that is what the original source
had. If I had made an error in writing the date, I would change it. However,
I went back to the source and the date I wrote is exactly what the source
has for the date.  

Thanks,
Carol





Legacy User Group guidelines: 
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages: 
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.33/1037 - Release Date: 9/29/2007
1:32 PM
 

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.33/1037 - Release Date: 9/29/2007
1:32 PM
 




Legacy User Group guidelines: 
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages: 
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to