Hi Art,

Are you sure you are describing your process properly?

It may help to know a bit more how the event clipboard works.

The event clipboard copies the link to the event and its source.
It doesn't copy the content of each field.
So if you edit the original event after you've copied it to clipboard, the changes will be included when you paste to the next person.

If you copied event A to another person and edited it there (AB) and then went to the next person without copying an event and pasted the event there - you are still pasting event A. However, if, in between you went back and edited event A at the original person (A2) and, without copying another event, used the paste from event clipboard for someone else, then it is A2 that gets pasted. That's because it's the link to that original event that is copied so what is pasted is whatever that original link is holding.

I've never seen the data for the original person change if I've pasted the event to someone else and edited it for that new person.

To answer your first question. Clear the event clipboard by copying another event.

Cathy

At 11:50 AM 1/10/2007, you wrote:

Help
How do you clear the event clipboard so that you can change details in copied events?

Oviously a family residence will have dates changing for diffent people in the family as they are born after the parents move there and they children will move out when they get married - some will die, etc.

So much of the event will be the same but some details will change. When I have pasted to a new person and edited a detail when I go back to the original it is also edited.

How can I keep that from happening?

Art Seddon




Legacy User Group guidelines: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp Archived messages: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp


Reply via email to