I searched the archives first.  At that time, it seems that Legacy indicated
that this was due to a bug which would be fixed in the next build.  Since I
got Legacy a couple of months ago, I assume I got the most recent bug.

Does anyone know if this bug was fixed?

My bug... I try to import a GEDCOM of 46K+ people into a new family tree and
Legacy croaks on person #14035.  I tried the work-arounds that seem to
sometimes help (moving dot usr files) but it didn't.  I suspect that Legacy
can actually handle the file no problem if I could only get it imported.  If
I had a method of splitting the gedcom into smaller pieces, I suspect I
could work around this.  But the only thing I've seen that will split
GEDCOMs is GenSplit (or something like) which doesn't actually seem to exist
any more.

--
Take care,
Melody