Carol, I haven't yet begun dealing with this in Legacy as I am still
evaluating the software. However, over my many years as a user of FTM, I
have tended to record "family" data in the "marriages" area, usually as
notes (given FTM's severe sourcing and events limitations).

It's not ideal, but I've done it because it keeps the information as close
as possible to the members of an immediate family. Since I'm pretty
consistent about doing it that way, I'm usually able to find what I need
fairly quickly.

Besides, it indulges my lazier side, allowing me to avoid recording the same
fact on 10, 15, 20 or more individuals...
;-)

I'm sure there are better ways of handling it, and my review of this list
tells me that, when used as designed, Legacy's sourcing will permit multiple
references to information without having it print multiple times. So I'm
hoping to use this design feature to help me with family-related events.

My evaluation of non-FTM platforms continues, and this is one of my
"hotlist" considerations.

Good luck!
Stacey.