Jess M wrote
I have stories and information that is being relayed to me via word of mouth by varying people in the family. My disclaimer is that I am doing family HISTORY, not genealogy in it's pure form.

Anyway, how do you all cite this in Legacy? Do I make one master source titled something like "Personal Conversation" and link all instances to that, with details being about who told me what for each instance, or do I create master sources for each person? For instance I want to document stories my grandmother told me before her passing, so my source is G Lockey. I sat with my mother and got some stories from her, and that source would be J Ratcliff.

I have a master source named Family Members & Personal Knowledge and I will then use the Source Details to add something like "Joe Bloggs - Oral" or "Jenny M Benson - Recollection". You might also want to include the date when the information was given to you, if you know it.

Incidentally, I would actually use the full name and RIN of the person quoted in the Source Details so that anyone else looking at my Sources would understand exactly who was being quoted.
--
Jenny M Benson