Hi Richard
It probably sounds odd, but I add a child to the parents A&B and name
the child "Placeholder for A&B's grandchildren", then add the
grandchildren to the Placeholder.  I have several of these
Placeholders because I've got the names of the descendants, but I
haven't yet been able to connect grandchildren or great grandchildren
with the correct set of parents.  I fill in sources and notes for what
I've done and how the connection is made to the grandparents.  As I
find out more details I link the children to the right couple.  They
show up in reports, but at least I get the right relationships
(descendant's reports) and just have a couple of extra children called
Placeholder.
Cheers
Tracy