June,

Don't judge WVR too quickly.  I was disappointed too when I subscribed but
give it a chance.  There is lots of information at their site, and more
being added weekly.  For the money, I don't think you could beat it.  I also
subscribe to Ancestry.  The two are very different and I would hate to be
without either of them, or without Footnote for that matter.

Be patient and you will come to love it too.

Jim