-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gene Young
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:56 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Now the LDS stuff is turned back on!

Sherry/Support wrote:
> Whaa????  Your data is saved to the .fdb file as soon as you click on the
> "Save" button in any edit window.  It's not scattered all over your
computer
> - it's saved to the .fdb file that you're working in.  I don't know where
> you got the idea that data is scattered all over your computer, but that's
> *totally* wrong.

Sherry,

Actually, while the data is saved to one file, the information IS scattered
over the hard disk in
non contiguous sectors.  I think this is what was inferred.  If your O/S
loses data from the FAT it
can mess things up but this does not seem to be the case here.  It sounds
more like some program the
OP had running was not behaving "politely" and not releasing unused memory.
As has been discovered
and posted, a restart will usually rectify the problem.  The moral here is
"When in doubt, do a cold
reboot!"  This amazingly does fix a multitude of problems.  <g>
--
Gene Y.
n2kvs

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et