When you put so much info into the detail, how do you avoid a lot of retyping when a week or an hour hence you need to cite the same source with some minor variations?

Pat
Extreme? splitter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kirsten Bowman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] How would you source this in Legacy?

Michele:

I think that sourcing it as a "cemetery survey" would actually be a case of
fairly extreme splitting.  If you wanted to really lump, you could have a
Master Source called something like "Burial Records" and use that for all
cemetery listings whether found online, by actual visits, or in
publications.  In that case, there would be little or no information about
the Master Source itself; all the data would be entered at the Source Detail
screen and yes, you would include the URL since it would theoretically be
required for you or someone else to find the listing again (although in ten years or so, who knows?) Another alternative would be to use Interments.com
as a Master Source, treating it almost as if it were a book, list the site
data with the master source, and attach each individual burial record
through the Source Detail screen.

There are lots and lots of  "right" ways to slice the Master Source List
cake, even after you've decided whether to split or lump. The hard part is
deciding on an over all scheme.

Kirsten