Yes there is, but I forgot where it is. I have created
a template for each of the US Census years, with the
official date ranges added into the Publication Facts.
I then take the actual date (when shown) as the Event
date. SO I show both dates somwhere, and compare those
with a large difference.
It is also available in Thorndale and Dollarhides Map
Guide of the US Census pages xvi - xix. The book
should be in most US libraries with a genealogy
section.  Good Luck. Rich in LA CA