Arnold Sprague wrote: "...many individuals...marked living...no birth date..."

Arnold, I had a similar problem and the only way I was able to correct it was as follows:

Search>Find>Detailed Search>[Look for]Individual>[Where to look] Living>[How to look] Equal To>[What to look for]Yes

select Second Condition
select And

[Look for]Individual>[Where to look]Birth Date>Equal To> [leave blank]

Select Create List (2nd button at bottom)

This will create a list of every person living who does not have a birth date. You then need to look at and edit each individual - this can be done from the list screen by selecting from the right side of the list screen first the Detail tab (so you can identify your person if you don't recognise them easily from the list), then select the Edit tab and change Living? to No.

I found this took me a lot of time, but at least once it was done, my database was correct. It also taught me to be sure to check the box for Living/Not living on the individual's screen when initially entering an individual for whom I did not have a birth date or a date of death.

Maureen

Give Legacy as a Gift for 25% Off. Visit http://tinyurl.com/2b49et