Bill,

That may well be true in America but I have never seen it expressed in that way
in England. The general form is Title; First Name; Surname; nee Maiden Name.

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Blog: Create Your Web Pages
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Event--[WifeSurname] versus [WifeMarriedSurname]
> Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:47:44 -0500
>
> If you follow the standard formats used by NEHGS or NGSQ, the maiden name
> should appear between the given names and the married surname, enclosed in
> parentheses, although the word "née" may or may not be required.
>
> I have seen it the way you indicate because people entered the married
> surname as the woman's surname, then entered the maiden name, i.e. "(née
> SIMONSON)" into the suffix field. Most genealogy programs don't have
> separate fields for maiden name and married name, and are set up to have the
> maiden surname entered into the surname field. Legacy, while it only has a
> single name, does allow us to set up the child sentence for reports to
> include the maiden name and the married name. (You can also do this for
> other sentences, but it is less effective and more difficult to predict
> results than in the child sentence template.)
>
> If a woman had been married several times, the arrangement would be
>
> Irene (née SIMONSON) (DOE) (SMITH) ANDREWS
>
> Where Doe would have been her first married surname, Smith her second, and
> Andrews is her last married surname. However, Legacy doesn't have a way to
> handle this. The best we can do is create a child sentence with her maiden
> name and her husband's surname.
>
> While I wrote the above section on multiple married names, I'm not sure how
> Legacy would handle that circumstance with the [WifeMarriedSurname]
> variable. I would expect it would be the married surname in context of the
> sentence.
>
> Bill
>
> William H. "Bill" Bienia, PLCGS
> Cobblestone Legacies
> Genealogy and Family History Services
> PO Box 321, Hillsburgh, ON N0B 1Z0
> www.cobblestonelegacies.com

Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?
http://www.searchgamesbox.com/celebrityseparation.shtml