-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 9:03 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Event--[WifeSurname] versus [WifeMarriedSurname]

Hi Gary,
The Help file clearly states that these codes ONLY work in the
Marriage Events. There is an enhancement request in, I believe, to
add Marriage events to Individual reports. How it then remains an
Individual report is a mystery to me but then I don't use them so
can't really comment. :-)

That said, these codes don't yet work as there is no place yet to
give the Married Surnames of Husband and Wife. Legacy can only guess
at Women's married surnames as it does in the Calendar Creator - so
it is often wrong in these days where in cultures where the woman
used to take the husband's surname on marriage, this now often
doesn't happen - let alone other cultures where women have never
taken the husband's surname. Note the provision is being made for
Husband's who change their surname on marriage as well.

Cathy

At 10:47 AM 22/01/2008, you wrote:

>Susan
>Thank you for your comments.  Your supposition may be accurate.
>
>Your comments reminded me of festering issue.  I am an advocate of
placing
>the residence of a married couple as an Event under Marriage
Information.
>Regrettably no Marriage Information Events appear on Individual
Reports.  I