Well that depends on why you are producing the chart and who the
audience is for it. My mother was brought up only knowing her two
brothers who were from her mother's previous marriage, and not her
father after she was 4. If I produced a tree for her of her family
showing everyone she is related to, even partially, then she can see
everyone. If I use the technically correct genealogical charts then it
would only show people whom she never even knew existed until my
research (her father was married 3 times and had children with them
all), and miss the two people she knew as her brothers.

Flexibility and customisation allows people to decide what they want to
see.

Regards
Jeremy