Nigel Birch wrote
Most of my relatives were born around London, Great Britain. If I know for certain any of their Birth, Marriage or Death dates (BMD) I have added the data to the appropriate date field in the "Individual Information" window with the related "Location" data. Where I do not know the BMD data I obtain the appropriate record from "ancestry.com.uk" BMD registers. The record I obtain from "ancestry.com.uk" can for example say that the person researched was born in the "Registration District of Epsom".

This is where I have a problem of how to add this data to the "Location" field in the "Individual Information" window. The "Registration District of Epsom", in fact, consists of 17 other Districts/Cities. How can I inform the "Location" field that if I add "Epsom" there is a 1 in 17 chance of it being correct?

I do not state "Epsom" where my only information comes from the GRO Index - I use "Epsom Registration District". You could add "England" to that if you wished. That accurately reports the information that I have.

If you wished, you could also list in the Notes what ares are covered by that Regisration District, but I don't bother because that information is readily available on the Internet for those who might wish to know and the RD alone is sufficient for most purposes, until such time as I can get a more exact location.
--
Jenny M Benson