Joseph,

I'm afraid your message is not clear. Initially you mention CDs and DVDs for
storage and then refer to disc. by which I take it you mean hard drives.

Respecfully, I would suggest the neither CDs nor DVDs are suitable for long
term storage. As well as the potential problems which have been mentioned
elsewhere in this thread, they loose their retentive properties over time (just
like me).

For Genealogy, Software and Social visit:
http://www.fergys.co.uk
New Blog: Open Legacy Family File with Open Office
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:47:13 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Backing Up Legacy Files

> Your best deal (imho) would be CD's.... set up to act like a hard
> drive. Or if you don't mean to replace them, and only wish to store the
> files, then I'd burn them to DC's or DVD's and leave the disc open so
> more can be added.
>
> Also, I would save certain things on a disc. Photos on one, census
> records on another, death, marriage and birth certificates on their own
> discs, or if there's not all that many, put these certificates on one
> disc... grave markers on yet another. That way it works like a filing
> cabinet....
>
> Joseph

Amazing prizes every hour with Live Search Big Snap
http://www.bigsnapsearch.com