We have a case of rape. My mother-in-law did not want me doing genealogy on any part of her family for fear I would "discover something". One of her aunts was raped by a boarder in the boarding home her mother ran. An uncle and an aunt confirmed this. The child was raised as the sister of the actual mother. I am not even sure how to note this or whether I should. As far as I know the child never married and had no children -- but how many times might this have happened and our genealogies never reflect this?

            Elizabeth C