-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Penny
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 1:23 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Sources and the elusive version 7 .... again.

Thanks for your reply, Elizabeth.

But, of course, that's the point:  I **do** want both the sources I enter
now in v6 and the ones I'll enter in v7 to be formatted identically.  Sorry,

if I wasn't clear enough earlier.  I was not talking about "conformity" to
the standard of what all should be included, but conformity of format
(including my desired level of lumping/splitting) of my own various sources.

Let me put it this way:  While the "standard" for information which should
be included in sources and citing them has remained static over the years,
different genealogy programs (or versions thereof) oftentimes require very
different approaches in order to achieve/maintain conformity across one's
own database (even when one attempts to include all the information required

by the standard).