-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian
Lightfoot
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 3:18 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Sources and the elusive version 7 .... again.

I'm not completely sold on the idea that given an identical source document
such as a specific census page, that one needs to specify just where they
happened to look at the digital image. That census page is the same no
matter where you look at it or who supplied you the copy or image of it. The
fact that Ancestry's image may not be as clear as Heritage's has nothing to
do with the document itself but rather the user's ability to discern the
correctness of what he perceives to be the data. If one were to follow your
suggestion then should we not specify the exact library of where we read a
book that was cited as a source? After all, the pages on a book at the
Chicago library may not be as dirty or have as much graffiti as the same
exact book in the New York library.

Brian