-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jenny M
Benson
Sent: Friday, 11 April 2008 10:10 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Exporting a Legacy file to Access

Gene Young wrote
>I would seriously suggest you have someone with a good knowledge of
>Access with you the first time you attempt this. Access is not an easy
>program to use without prior knowledge. It is NOT intuitive or user
>friendly.

Also, when you open Access what you see will not, at first glance,
equate much to what you see in Legacy.  There are just a great many
tables and a few queries (I recommend you DO NOT touch the queries) and
the names of the tables are not really indicative of their contents.  It
can be quite difficult to know which tables to link in a query to
extract the information you want.  However, if you just want to do
something fairly basic involving one table, Access is a great tool.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you get stuck.  I'm not an expert,
but might be able to help.
--
Jenny M Benson