Valerie Garton wrote:
I want to put the inforamtion in CULLODEN ONS, a Legacy family history file
in a place where I can search the birth years, and then search again in that
search for the place and then the father.

Actually that can all be done in the one search once the inforamtion is in
the new place - Access, MS Works database or Excel.

If you had included this information in the original post you would have received the answers sooner. This is the type of detail we have been asking you to provide so we can help you better. I am still trying to determine which one of the helpful responses you received was "nasty". They were all positive responses intended to try to help you get what you desire. There are more than a couple of ways to achieve what you asked for in this request. You have received a good one from Luis Salreta. If that does not do what you need, repost.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs