I do the same thing that Elsie does & have a residence event for every person I find in the census or other source...even if it is the same address or place as before. And I add the notation "at 412 Main St with husband & 5 children" changing to "at 412 Main St with parents & siblings" as fits the person.

At a glance I can see where that person has been, how the family has changed. I can track how the family moved around and try to find out why. If the person is in one place for years with a single incident of a different residence, I try to find out why..

I don't feel you can err with using the Events to track every piece of information you have. It's usually when you leave something out that you kick yourself later. Or I do.. <g>

Sally

Interesting idea - if I understand - it might happen that you have
MANY residence events for a single person.  I lived in three places in
less that 1 year (just for an example).  So if I found evidence for
each location - each would be a different residence event?  I have
grandparents living in 5 different places over 60 years of census data
- resulting in 5 residence events?

Just thinking aloud...

Keith.