Erik:
That's exactly it although there might be instances(ie where your audience actually IS bilingual that both could print of them for a truly bilingual report .....in which case you could just choose to ignore all privacy brackets. For setting it up initially, I might want to very thoroughly go through the file and make sure that you have not entered anything that I truly don't want published but it might be well worth taking a look. I think this is a case where you truly need to put yourself in the position of your intended victim...I mean audience...to decide which is best. Is it just one family line or more generalized and of your intended audience, how many might truly be bilingual and not care what language the report was in. If it was just one line with no bilingual members this is most likely what I would do with event notes printed in the recipient's language of choice.
Kathy
At 12:34 PM 4/26/2008, you wrote:
Kathy,

Not a bad idea. I assume you were thinking of something like this for e.g.
event notes:

Text in one language

[[The same text in another language]]

Privacy brackets could be an easy way of including/excluding the one
language paragraphs, but the other language will always be printed, or have
I missed something?

Regards
Erik

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] På vegne af Kathy
Shiell-Stokes
Sendt: 26. april 2008 17:51
Til: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Emne: Re: SV: [LegacyUG] Bi-lingual report issue

Erik:
One idea might be to write your reports  in both languages for each
individual and then use privacy brackets around the language not
desired, making sure that that selection is maintained when the
report is generated. It also means that both languages could be
available if you wanted to generate a truly bilingual report. The
privacy brackets  are[[]]. Legacy treats anything contained within as
private and printing or not printing is a very simple toggle type
selection on the"what to include" page of the report generation
screen. Does this help?
Kathy