If I understand the question, I run into this all the time. This is what I use Source Detail Text for. Both sources are true for the one event but in SDT I put what information came from each source so it's clear.
--
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists

Keith Bage wrote:

How do others handle the situation where you have one piece of info from one source and one from another that combine into one field. I’m not explaining this well so let me give an example.

I have a death date from source #1.

I have a death location from source #2.

If I allocate a source to the death date (source 1)the date AND location are highlighted to indicate they are from the same source. If I then add source 2 that appears to relate to the date as well as the location.

So, can I combine the date & location OR should they be in separate “events” i.e alt.death

Appologies for the explanation (it’s late).

Thanks for any assistance.

Keith