Kimberly,

I have now tried it using (a) Using The Times World Atlas to get the Lat and
Long for Preston, Lancashire, England. It was close but not exact (the pins are
easy to move, however). So it was OK if one wanted to see where a town is but
not close enough if you were looking for a specific area.

(b) I then looked for an Island called Anda in Indonesia. This is not in the
index so I had to again get the Lat and Long but this time it did not give it
in the book's index so I had to estimate from its Map grid. Having put the
information in, it did a pretty good job of finding the place. Admittedly it
was a good bit out in miles but close enough for me to see where it should be,
and to put it in about the right place in the sea! I must emphasise that the
Lat and Long I got from the map were only estimates so I was reasonably happy
with the outcome.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: