  From: Melanie Tucker
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 8:06 AM
  Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy7-making sure all is correct after download

  Hi everyone,

  I've installed Legacy 7 Deluxe and have tried everything suggested on the
list (but maybe I missed a post?) on how to make the married names show up in
the index view.  When I click on the home tab, it says I have the lastest
version, and I've right clicked on the toolbar and added the mapping and
charting icons, so it seems that the new version installed okay.  I went to
options, customize, data entry, Rule for generating default names, chose option
1, and clicked apply.  But when I go to the index view, nothing had changed.

  The instructions on the email said:

  If you have installed the Deluxe Edition you will still need to unlock the
  new features to make them active. To do this:
  1. Start Legacy.
  2. From the Help pull down menu, choose UNLOCK LEGACY DELUXE.
  3. Enter your name and your customer number. (see below)
  4. Click the Unlock button.

  I entered my customer number during the download process, but if I go to the
Help pull down menu, there is no such choice as "UNLOCK LEGACY DELUXE." I just
want to make sure I have truly "unlocked" ALL the new features.

  One final thing, when I go to my C drive (I use Vista), I see two folders,
Legacy and LegacyChart 7.  On my desktop I now how two icons for charting, one
that says LegacyChart which seems to go to the prerelease version and the other
says Legacy Charting 7 which goes to the new version.  How do I delete the
pre-release version?

  Thanks,
  Melanie