Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 06:06:05 -0600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Legacy7-making sure all is correct after download

Hi everyone,

I've installed Legacy 7 Deluxe and have tried everything suggested on the list
(but maybe I missed a post?) on how to make the married names show up in the
index view.  When I click on the home tab, it says I have the lastest version,
and I've right clicked on the toolbar and added the mapping and charting icons,
so it seems that the new version installed okay.  I went to options, customize,
data entry, Rule for generating default names, chose option 1, and clicked
apply.  But when I go to the index view, nothing had changed.

The instructions on the email said:

If you have installed the Deluxe Edition you will still need to unlock the
new features to make them active. To do this:
1. Start Legacy.
2. From the Help pull down menu, choose UNLOCK LEGACY DELUXE.
3. Enter your name and your customer number. (see below)
4. Click the Unlock button.

I entered my customer number during the download process, but if I go to the
Help pull down menu, there is no such choice as "UNLOCK LEGACY DELUXE." I just
want to make sure I have truly "unlocked" ALL the new features.

One final thing, when I go to my C drive (I use Vista), I see two folders,
Legacy and LegacyChart 7.  On my desktop I now how two icons for charting, one
that says LegacyChart which seems to go to the prerelease version and the other
says Legacy Charting 7 which goes to the new version.  How do I delete the
pre-release version?

Thanks,

Melanie

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000009ukm/direct/01/