Just as a curiosity, What if the "Unknowns" were entered like "Boy Smith" or
"Girl Smith" or if first name is known only then just put in "Sally Girl or
Sam Boy" or something to that effect. It would keep the questionable in the
files and keep them also together if you get the actual name for the person?

Christina