From: Dee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:54:24 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Unknowns

Have you heard of the woman who spent ten years looking for her ancestors with
surname Unk until someone pointed out it was an abbreviation for Unknown?

I also know someone who looked for her French Inconnu ancestors without knowing
it translates as unknown.

 If a woman's surname is unknown, I use "Wife of Peter SMITH RIN 232". Thus,
all these wives sort together in my index and I can find them when I want to
work on them.

Dee Whiting