From: Larry Wilson
Sent: Tue 17/06/2008 02:14
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Version 7 Lat/Long format

Hi David,

You may have missed my point.... I recognize degrees, minutes and decimals
of minutes is a good form of GPS. My point is that when gathering GPS
locations, from the Internet and books, most are in decimals of degrees
format. Thus, converting them to Legacy format is a pain in the a--.

I use these GPS locations for all my rural cemeteries and farm locations, in
my family they mostly farmers and all were buried in small local
(family)cemeteries. With decimals of degrees I can get down the feet of
finding any thing.

I hope you understand my concern.... It's just the converting.

When Legacy was gathering input for the new version 7, I suggested having
the choice (option) of either degrees, minutes and decimals of minutes or
decimals of degrees, Geoff liked the idea and e-mail me to say so..... But
it never happened.

I was just wondering why. I have copied Geoff on this matter, but he has not
to responded.

Best,

Larry