-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kirsten
Bowman
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:39 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Source Citation Original Marriage Cert

Denise:

What Penny describes as the Texas procedure for marriage licenses and
certificates sounds very much like that followed in the past in California
and Kansas (although by now it's probably streamlined and automated somehow)
and, in fact, my own originals were folded to mailing size at one time.  So
I agree with what she's said, but still feel that the Artifact template in
Legacy is the best citation fit.  And while my own examples probably do
carry a notation on the backs about where they were recorded, I'm not
inclined to dismantle some rather expensive framing jobs for the sake of
getting that additional bit of info for a citation

It seems very odd that, since marriage licenses and certificates are a
fairly common "family paper" and that the same procedure was apparently
followed in at least a few states, if not all, Mills didn't include a
specific citation format for them or at least indicate how they should be
treated.  Perhaps Legacy's Source Writer needs to expand on _EE_?

Kirsten