-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gail Nestor
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2008 2:48 PM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: [LegacyUG] Old Source Detail associated with newly Merged Master
Sources

I decided to start a new topic here for this question.  I created a
new master source for a census.  Then I merged an existing master
source used by 5 individuals into the new master source.  The master
source looked good and the source detail does seem to have stayed
attached to the new master.

The problem is that, while I can see the beginning of the "old" detail
on the assigned sources screen, I cannot access it to update it.  When
I click "Edit Detail," the new Source Detail template pops up with
empty fields.  I need a way to get to my old data to show up somewhere
so that I can use it to update the new fields.

Am I missing something else obvious?  Geoff, is this how you are
merging sources or are you creating all the new masters with out
merging the old ones in and then re-creating and attaching all the
detail separately?

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, Georgia
www.roots2buds.net