Jenny,

I did as you suggested and put the path to MS Works in the THIRD field, and I believe I got it to work as needed. I will continue to blunder around and may get it done yet.

Jane

Jenny M Benson wrote:

Jane Sarles wrote
I tried to do as your suggested.  I put the path to MS Works into the
Option>Customize>Launch.  It did not take me directly to Works, but
after I clicked save, it saved it in Notepad again. I may not be doing something right......path names have never been my strong point.

A couple of points. Firstly, nothing is *saved* in Notepad. Notepad is a program. When you save files from Legacy you can opt to save them wherever you want, but Legacy - left to itself - will probably put them in its own Data folder. With my setup that is C:\Legacy\Data but you might have your Legacy program installed somewhere else.

Secondly, what type of output did you select for your Report? If you selected Text (.txt) Legacy will ask if you want to view the vile in your default Text Editor, which is Notepad. If you chose RTF (.rtf) it will open the file in your default Word Processor.

If you want to open *Text* files in MS Works, you will need to put the path to MS Works in the third field in Options>Customise>
Launch.  Did you put it into the second field?