To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 5:09 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Report output

Jane,

This is probably only a minor thing, but I noticed in your first
message you said:

I should like to know if reports in Legacy can be output to MS Word for editing prior to printing?

while later on you mentioned MS Works.  I don't know if this may be
causing some confusion for you, but just thought I'd point out that MS
Word and MS Works are two separate programmes.  Generally, MS Works
comes free with most PCs that have MS Windows installed, while you
usually have to pay extra for MS Word.

Briefly (and excuse me if I'm telling you something you already know),
documents created in MS Word end with a ".doc" extension (e.g.,
report.doc), while those created with MS Works end with a ".wps"
extension (e.g., report.wps).  From Legacy, you can save most reports
as a Rich Text Format document, i.e., with a ".rtf" extension (e.g.,
report.rtf).  These RTF files can be opened in most word processors,
although, as I don't use MS Works, I can't guarantee that rtf files
will open automatically in MS Works.

This may have only served to confuse you further, and if so, please
feel free to ignore me.

Regards,

Dermot.