This is what I now enter for my unknowns (_________). Please see example at
end of message. It will lose a bit of formatting because of sending this
message
as plain text but you can get the idea.

I used to enter just a __________ but noticed, with Legacy 7, my entered
underlines don't carry into the reports like they did in v6, so I've begun
using the ( ) . In Legacy 7, it just prints out as (               ), but
with the  (  ), it still serves my purpose. I don't care to print underlines
for all missing information, just the names. I am always surprised at how
the blank area draws the eye of the reader and seems to encourage them to
want to 'help' by offering the name, if known.

It's nice Legacy allows us to use different options.

Mary

Known children were:

  +       2   F         i.        Helen Mae Simpson was born on 1 Jul 1901
in Jackson, Teton County, Wyoming, died on 16 May 1958 in Anchorage,
Territory of Alaska at age 56, and was buried in Palmer (Palmer Cemetery),
Territory of Alaska.

  +       3   F        ii.        (_________) M. Simpson was born about 1908 in
Wyoming.

  +       4   F       iii.        Eula E. Simpson was born on 10 May 1910 in
Jackson, Wyoming, died on 13 Jul 1956 in Seward, Territory of Alaska at age
46, and was buried in Anchorage (Anchorage City Cemetery), Territory of
Alaska.