Jim,

Not knowing how the "branch" of your tree are related to each other, I
can't be specific, but if there is one common ancestor for all of
them, you could tag him/her and all their ancestors with an unused
tag, then advanced delete all with that tag.

Regards,

Dermot.

2008/6/26 Jim Temple <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a family file that has a family branch that I want to remove: to
> include all references in the name index.
>
> When I delete the individual at the start of the branch I want removed, the
> individual is removed.  However, his ancestors remain in the name index. To
> remove the individual and ALL his ancestors does not seem possible without
> removing each branch individual individually.
>
> I have researched and searched the archives and I can't find a method to
> remove the branch in one fell chop.
>
> Is there a way to point to an individual and command the program to remove
> him and all of his branch in one procedure??
>
> Thanks for any help the group can give this new user.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jim Temple
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>   http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

Try out Legacy Family Tree Software today! It's FREE!!
http://www.legacyfamilytreestore.com/?Click=1440