Jim,

Probably - but with extreme care; so *back up*! If you are unsure as to what
you are doing then create a duplicate file and use that for practice.

Make sure that no one else is connected to the individuals who you wish to
keep. Since you have deleted the individual then you cannot use him as the
starting point to remove his ancestors, if his father and mother can be used
then in Family View right click on the tabs and you will enter advanced
tagging. Select an empty tag and Ancestors only; select from the next screen
"Entire Family Line" otherwise select the top option and click OK. If the top
option was chosen then repeat for the mother using the same tag number. Now use
Tools>Advanced Deletion and delete everybody with that tag.

If the parents are not suitable then you will have to use a similar method to
select and tag the descendants of the eldest ancestors from in the individual's
line.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: